Friday, October 26, 2012

Woah!! It has been a lot longer than I thought since I have been on here!! Well nothing really that new here, same shit different day! Since I haven't blogged in a while I'll just act like I have and blog about what I'm CRAZY excited about right now!!! About 2 months ago I got a message from my best friend that a nursing facility near by was offering free CNA classes, and gave me the dates to go and fill out the application for it! Getting my CNA is something I'v wanted to do for a long time! So I thought this is the perfect time for it! I went and filled out the application and found out, this program is fully funded by the government! There are no ties to the company for taking the class and all you have to provide is the white uniform (white scrubs), watch, and white sneakers! This is amazing news considering this course at HACC is over $700!! Now the most amazing part is, out of over 200 applications they can only select about 30 people to participate in the program. Since it's so popular they can't choose everyone. Well I got the call that I had been chosen!!!!! I feel so blessed that I am finally getting the opportunity to be able to do this. Now it may not seem like a big deal to some people because the job I have now is basically what I already do BUT, I'll be certified now!! That to me makes me feel more confidant! So with all this good news, I start to panic! Because, Willis still works the same schedule and Dre' is still home with me during the day. Well now how am I supposed to go to these classes with Dre' not having a babysitter?! I don't want to put him in daycare, I don't really know why?! I tell myself it's because I'm not ready but I think in combination with that, I like the way I do things! I know that if he is in daycare they aren't going to do things the way I do/will! So that along with the most obvious reasons such as, what if someone hurts him, what if he gets kidnapped?! See all these things run through my mind because of all the "stories" you hear about these places! But anyways, back to the reason for my post today, I talk things over with my mom and guess what?!!? She is offering to come stay with us while I take my class so I don't have to put Dre'lyn in daycare!!! This is so perfect now!! I can go to class and actually be able to focus because I know Dre' is in wonderful hands here at home! Another worry I had was because of my job, long story short they weren't going to work with me so I could take my classes. So I had to write a letter and blah blah blah but in the end, ... they are going to accommodate my schedule so I can still work AND take my class!!!! So .. that's my most recent news!! I am so happy and excited for my class to start! It starts in 3 days!!! I already have my scrubs and everything, I just can't wait!!! I'm sure I will be blogging about it along the way, just wanted to share my news for now!!!! Wish me luck !!! yayyyyy !!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template and Design by perpetuallove.net